Wednesday, November 28, 2007

what happened?

i came back to this city expecting to be welcomed with open arms. the bitterness surrounding most of its inhabitants and my ex-friends is astounding! at one point in my short history i was happy about where i lived, the people, the families, the way the trees on my street gave the road a hug.... now i'm not sure i even belong here.

all of my ex-friends have fallen prey to the dreaded "elyria-curse". they are all either un-wed parents, drug addicts, or angry spiteful townies. some are all three combined! i don't do drugs, i have no children (illegitimate or otherwise), but i am getting to the angry spiteful townie phase of my existence.

i still feel moments of love in this city. they seem to happen a lot less frequently than they did in the past.

No comments: